Joey Buttafuoco was featured on ABC’s 20/20 special “Growing Up Buttafuoco”. Amy Fisher shot Joey Buttafuoco wife Mary Jo in the face on May 19, 1992 in Long Island, New York. Here are the unknown facts about Joey Buttafuoco and know where is he now
- Currently, Joey is working on a movie about his early life, according to ABC News
- Three years after the 1992 case, Joey ended up getting arrested again for soliciting a vice cop posing as a prostitute.
- Then Joe was sentenced to a year in jail and five years’ probation in March 2004 after pleading guilty to insurance fraud.
- Joe also served three months for illegally possessing ammunition in 2007.
- Joey and Mary Jo divorced in 2003. Two years later, he got married to Evanka Franjko.
- Joey has made several TV appearances, including on Celebrity Boxing, Judge Jeanine Pirro, and The Howard Stern Show.
- According to his daughter, Joey is now turning over a new leaf – “He’s in a growth phase where he’s in therapy and he’s healing … I hope he’s not using it to justify why he made so many poor decisions,” the 36-year-old told ABC. “I like this new man he’s becoming.”