Shark Tank India progresses through an exciting week with a new range of inspiring, aspirant startup founders from different parts of India. The Sharks for this week’s episodes in Shark Tank India will be Peyush Bansal (Lenskart), Namita (Emcure Pharma), Ghazal Alagh (MamaEarth), Vineeta Singh (Sugar Cosmetics) and Anupam (Shaadi.com).
Wakao is founded by one enterprising entrepreneur who are on a mission to take jackfruit to the world with his alternate meat products using tender jackfruit. Wakao aims to bring the ready to eat products made from jackfruit into the Indian market.
Shark Tank India Episode 29 Companies List
- PDD Falcon
What Happened to Wakao in Shark Tank India?
- Wakao is founded by a pumped out entrepreneur, Sairaj Gaurish Dhond who entered the Shark Tank with a mission to grow his jackfruit based brand. Sairaj is an ex-criminal lawyer who quit to make Wakao a reality.
- Jackfruit meat is a vegan alternative to meat and Wakao brings this as the base product to offer different dishes.
- Wakao came into the Shark Tank India platform asking for INR 75 Lakhs for 5% equity in their exciting jackfruit meat products based company, ‘Wakao’.
- The entrepreneur earned accolades for his spirit, but Anupam declined to invest. However, Peyush offered a debt cum equity deal.
- The highlight of Wakao’s deal was the union of the three female Sharks, Namita, Ghazal and Vineeta. The trio offered the requested amount for a whopping 30% equity.
- There was a massive counter offer for 21% which Sairaj accepted to.
- Hence, Wakao got a deal from the sharks in Shark Tank India.
Wakao Shark Tank India Deal or No Deal?
|Name of Establishment||Wakao|
|Product Description||Jackfruit meat based products which is gluten free and vegan friendly|
|Offered Deal||₹75 Lakhs for 5% Equity|
|Final Deal Status||₹75 Lakhs for 21% Equity|
|Which Sharks Invested?||Namita, Vineeta and Ghazal|
|Episode (Shark Tank India)||Season 1 Episode 29(27th January)|
|Operations Status||In Business|
|Company Valuation||₹3 Crores|