V kanagaraj is a retired IAS offer and is appointed as the Election Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh recently. V Kanagaraj IAS is a retired judge of Madras High Court. His appointment follows the highly controversial ordinance which changed the method, tenure and eligibility for the appointment of the SEC. The ordinance also removes N. Ramesh from the post of Election Commissioner.
V Kanagaraj Profile Wiki and Bio
V. Kanagaraj has a distinguished career as a lawyer and High Court Judge. He has never been accused of any wrong doing. In fact, he was involved in many watershed judgments. In this context, it is really shocking that how come he had accepted the offer without giving any second thought. In fact, he was appointment few hours after the promulgation of the ordinance. As if, Kanagaraj IAS was made ready for this unnecessary coupe.
Kanagaraj IAS Personal Profile
- Date of Birth:
- Age: 75 Years
- Birth Place: Thoothukudi
- Religion: Hindu
- Caste: Brahmin
- Educational Qualification: Bachelors in Law an M.A. in Mathematics
- Family and Relationship: Married
V Kanagaraj IAS Interesting and Lesser Known Facts:
- Jagan Reddy was miffed at N. Ramesh Kumar because of latter’s decision to postpone the local election because of Corona Virus pandemic. As things stand, the decision of Mr. Ramesh was apt and timely.
- Now, no IAS officer can become the SEC in Andhra Pradesh. The person to be appointment must have been a judge of any High Court of India.
- The tenure has also been reduced from 5 years to 3 years as it was done mainly to remove N Ramesh from the post.