A new portal for the registration of Non Resident Tamils living abroad and evincing interest to return to Tamil Nadu after the air traffic is restored is started by Tamil Nadu government. Tamil Nadu government has made special arrangements to bring home the Tamils who have been trapped abroad due to coronavirus virus.
The prevalence of coronavirus across India is increasing day by day. As a result, states have declared curfews and closed borders. Moreover, local bus, rail and air traffic has been canceled.
As a result, people who work and work abroad and abroad are often unable to move to their hometowns. That way, Tamil Nadu people in various states are trapped. The central government yesterday allowed the repatriation of overseas workers to their home states for more than a month. To this end, the Union Railway Ministry is said to have developed a plan to run 400 special trains per day.
In the meantime, a website has been created on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu to bring home the people who are stranded in foreign countries. Tamils who wish to return home from overseas are advised to register on nonresidenttamil.org.
How to register in Nonresidenttamil.org website
- The registration is only to ascertain the details of ‘Non Resident Tamils’ who are locked down in different countries due to COVID-19 and for making quarantine arrangements in Tamil Nadu.
- The data, if required will be shared with concerned Government departments.
- Click Proceed
- In the registration form enter your details as in passport, make sure your Surname and given name matches as in passport
- Enter your Passport details and other personal details like Visa number etc
- Make sure to mention if you have been tested for Covid 19
- Also you need to mention if any of your family members tested positive for Coronavirus
- Mention If On return to your house in Tamil Nadu after proper testing of COVID-19 , do you have a separate room with toilet facilities for self-quarantine?
- Also You need to select If you are to be quarantined in the interest of your health and of your family members , what would be your choice?
- Government run centres or Private centres
- Add other family member details if there are any and register