Supriya Sahu is a senior Indian bureaucrat of Additional Secretary rank from the 1991 batch of Indian Administrative Service. She is currently posted as Principal Secretary-cum-Managing Director of The Tamil Nadu Small Tea Growers’ Industrial Cooperative Tea Factories’ Federation Limited (INDCOSERVE) in Coonoor.
Supriya Sahu’s career
she worked as a Joint Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India. On 25 October 2016, she was elected as the new vice-president of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. On 24 June 2003, people of Nilgiris under the leadership of Supriya Sahu planted 42,182 trees — breaking the existing Guinness World Record by a large margin.
Unknown Facts About Supriya Sahu
- Sahu served as the Director-General of Doordarshan between July 2016 to September 2017.
- She is also the first women Vice-President of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union(ABU)
- Under Sahu’s leadership, Doordarshan started digital terrestrial transmission (DTT) and is planning to expand the services to 16 cities by 2017.
- As Project Director, Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society, she initiated the integrated TB and HIV testing programme in the state.
- She is known for her pioneering work in protecting the environment in Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu. She led a campaign known as ‘Operation Blue Mountain’, to ban the use of plastic in the district.
Relationship status of Supriya Sahu
Supriya Sahu Biography
|Real Name||Supriya Sahu|
|Date of Birth||27 July 1968|
|Father Name||Yet to be updated|
|Mother Name||Yet to be updated|
|Height||Yet to be updated|
|Weight||Yet to be updated|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign||Not known|
|Husband Name||Yet to be updated|
|Current City||Coonoor, India|