Shark Tank India is off to a great start while it inspires millions of aspiring youth and entrepreneurs to take the plunge into the startup ecosystem in India. The renowned sharks of Shark Tank India provide opportunities to three or four startups in every episode to pitch them for an investment.
Aman Gupta (BOAT), Peyush Bansal (Lenskart), Ashneer Grover (BharatPe), Namita (Emcure Pharma) and Anupam (Shaadi.com) formed the Shark Tank India panel last week. However, a vibrant womenpreneur and CEO of MamaEarth , Ghazal Alagh will enter the Shark Tank this week. Vineeta Singh (Sugar Cosmetics) will also make a comeback this week.
The State Plate Shark Tank India Deal Update
- Vibrant entrepreneurs and alumni of Sree Ram College Delhi, Muskaan and Raghav made their way into the Shark Tank with ‘The State Plate’, a regional snack and foods company.
- The 22 year old entrepreneur partners asked for INR 65 Lakhs for 2% equity in their company.
- The inspiring youngster co-founders received only one offer from Shark Tank for INR 40 Lakhs for 4% Equity and INR 25 Lakhs Debt from Peyush Bansal.
Asked for :₹65 lakhs 2% Equity, Deal Received: ₹40 lakhs 4% Equity ₹25 lakhs Debt
Bakarmax Shark Tank India Deal Update
- Sumit , the founder of comics and animation company ‘Bakarmax’ entered Shark Tank asking for a deal of INR 35 Lakhs for 5% equity.
- The sharks were not impressed with the quality of content provided by Bakarmax and asked him to focus more on the advertising and content creation business.
- Hence, Bakarmax did not receive any deal on Shark Tank.
No deal received
In a Can Shark Tank India Deal Update
- Vibrant entrepreneurs and hotel management graduates, Sameer and Viraj made their way into the Shark Tank with ‘In a Can’, a canned cocktail company.
- The entrepreneur partners asked for ₹50 lakhs for 2% Equity in their company.
- However, all Sharks were interested in the product and branding. Hence, Sameer and Viraj received an ‘All Shark Deal’ for INR 1 Crore for 10% equity in their company from Ashneer, Aman, Peyush, Namita and Anupam.
Shark Tank India Deals – 14th January Episode
|Muskaan and Raghav||Bangalore||(The State Plate)||Deal||ASK: ₹65 lakhs
|GOT A DEAL OF ₹40 lakhs
₹25 lakhs Debt
|14th January Episode||Sumit and Divyesh||Mumbai||(Bakarmax Pvt Ltd)||No Deal||ASK:₹35 lakhs
|14th January Episode||Sameer and Viraj||Pune||(In A Can)||Deal||ASK:₹50 lakhs
|GOT A DEAL OF ₹1 crore