Ric Ocasek an iconic lead singer of the former legendary band The Card was found dead at his Manhattan Home. New York Police Department confirmed his death saying “That is true,” a spokesman for NYPD said when asked about Ocasek’s death. Police say that Ocasek was found “in his bed unconscious and unresponsive” and that the call came in around 4 p.m. on September 15, 2019 for a male in need of aid. Ric Ocasek’s cause of death is not know but it’s expected to have no foul play and hence the cause may be natural. He was 75 years old at the time of death.
Ric Ocasek Unknown Facts
- Ocasek is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, to which he was inducted in 2018. These are some of His iconic songs like 1978’s “Just What I Needed” helped make Ric Ocasek a rock legend. “i don’t mind you coming here, wasting all my time, ’cause when you’re standing oh so near, i kinda lose my mind…”
- Ocasek Separated From His Model Wife in 2018 and She was referring their Family a ‘Well-Built Car’ – The couple got separated in 2018 and this is what she has to say in Instagram “Our family always has been — and still is — a well-built car. When the four of us are together, we can go wherever the road takes us. But as a bicycle, my husband and I no longer pedal in unison. So we’re ditching the bicycle.” She added: “Ric and I have been peacefully separated for the past year. The photos of our happy family are, in fact, happy family photos; we are just no longer a couple.” The couple sold their $15 million townhouse on the market after announcing their split.
- ‘The Cars’ Band Had More Than a Dozen Top 40 Singles, Pushing Ric Ocasek Into Rock Stardom – The band scored 13 Top 40 singles in what the Hall of Fame calls “six classic studio albums.” The band moved the punk rock genre more to the mainstream, according to the site.
- Ocasek Has Six Children With Three Different Wives – Ocasek was married thrice and has six children from them. He has two sons with Paulina – Jonathan Raven Otcasek and Oliver Otcasek. His other sons from other wives were Christopher Otcasek, Adam Otcasek, Eron and Derek.
- Ocasek Was Born in Baltimore & Received His First Guitar From His Grandmother which he has held onto till his death – Ocasek was, according to All Music, born Richard Otcasek in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1949. His father worked for NASA. He was raised in Cleveland.
- Ric Ocasek is famous for his quotes, here are some of them – “When you become tired of fitting in, is when you truly become yourself.”
“Your high points and your low points. High points don’t last that long, it’s a high and it happens. It’s great at the moment but you really can’t live on it.”
“They’re caught where there’s no way out or where you can’t see out. What are you going to do about it? I don’t have the answer. If I did there would be no insane asylums. But I see a lot of people, a lot of my friends in the same predicament. Many times in my life, I was there myself.”