Danny Aiello, popularly known for his Oscar nomination and featured in movies like Moonstruck and The Purple Rose of Cairo was laid to rest at the age of 86.
Danny Aiello passed away on Thursday night after suffering from brief illness. Danny Aiello’s family released a press statement which read, “
“It is with profound sorrow to report that Danny Aiello, beloved husband, father, grandfather, actor and musician passed away last night after a brief illness,”. “The family asks for privacy at this time. Service arrangements will be announced at a later date.”
Danny Aiello Career
Danny Aiello’s career spanned over more than fifty years and Danny Aiello’s roles revolved mostly around mob heavies, tough talking roles and naughty husbands. Danny Aiello’s debut was in the 1973 baseball film Bang the Drum Slowly which also starred Robert De Niro.
Danny Aiello was a part of The Godfather: Part II after his successful debut.
Danny Aiello was a prominent face in mafia movies and tough guy character roles through the 70s. Danny Aiello’s most prominent role was in Spike Lee’s 1989 film Do the Right Thing.
Unknown Facts About Danny Aiello
- Danny Aiello was a former comedy club bouncer and made claims about not taking any acting classes.
- Dany Aiello was reluctant to play his most memorable role of Sal, in his movie “Do the Right Thing”.
- Dany Aiello believed that his character in the movie do the right thing was about 85% of his own character.
- Dany Aiello received the nomination for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the movie ‘Do the Right Thing’.
- Danny Aiello did not have a presence on social media. When questioned about it, Danny said, “I don’t do Twitter or Facebook. I am social but not that social. I’m social in private with people I adore, not out there for the world to see. But my publicist tweeted after I was on the [“CBS Sunday Morning”] show talking about the book, and there were about 200 tweets. I was shocked how much love they showed me. I’m putting myself out there and they are really reacting. I couldn’t believe it.”
- Danny was a part-time thief. Danny Aiello admitted to stealing from vending machines but never from people.
- Danny Aiello was a union leader before getting into the field of acting. He started out as a baggage man, then was a shop steward and eventually became president of the union.
- Danny Aiello is an army veteran. Danny ran into trouble with the police at the age of 17. As a result, he got enlisted into the army.
- Danny Aiello was diagnosed with eczema when he was a kid.