Pokemon Go’s raids can turn out to be a tad too tricky at times when one addresses it with a weak strategy. Kyogre is one such popular and sought after raid target amongst the player community.
What is Kyogre?
Kyogre is a legendary water type Pokemon which comes with the ability to expand the oceans. Kyogre tops of the list of the must haves for intense raids, however, the water Pokemon does have quite a few weaknesses which could prove to detrimental at times.
Kyogre Raid Strategy
- Grass and Electric Pokemons provide the best bet when it comes to attacking Kyogre.
- Grouping in sixes or sevens is a smart strategy while countering Kyogre.
- The following Pokemons and their movesets will give the player an added advantage:
Kyogre Raid Counters
- -> Roserade with Razor Leaf and Solar Beam
- -> Luxray with Spark and Wild Charge
- -> Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- -> Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge or Raiky with Volt Switch and Wild Charge
- -> Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge
- -> Zapados with Thunder Shock and ThunderBolt
- -> Mewtwo with Psycho Cut/Confusion and ThunderBolt
- From the above list, it is evident that Kyogre is pretty allergic to the Wild Charge.
- The spark and thunder shock will cause considerable damages as well.
- Venusaur or Breloom may come in handy against a Kyogre without its blizzard.
- It is a bad strategy to counter Kyogre with grass type Pokemons as they will be burnt to dust using the Blizzard.
- Ground, fire and rock type Pokemons are a strict no while engaging in the Kyogre raid.
Kyogre Raids can be fun and engaging, but ends up being a tough battle predominantly. However, with the above guide you should be able to accomplish a successful Kyogre raid.
Let us know how helpful the raid strategy was in the comments below!