Tollywood star heroine Akkineni Samantha has bagged the Best Actress Award for her glamorous performance. The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) has announced the 2021 Awards, one of the most prestigious awards for film actors. Family Man-2 won two awards. Samantha won Best Actress, and Manoj Bajpayee won Best Actor.
Samantha, who played the role of a compromising double agent in this series, impressed everyone with her excellent performance. Surya’s best film was ‘Soorarai Pottru.’ Surya was nominated for Best Actor for the same film. Vidya Balan also bagged the Best Actress award for the film Sherni.
Here’s a complete list of winners of IFFM 2021
- Best Performance Female (Feature) – Vidya Balan (Sherni) & Honourable mention to Nimisha Sajayan (The Great Indian Kitchen)
- Best Series – Mirzapur Season 2
- Best Actress in a Series – Samantha Akkineni (The Family Man 2)
- Best Actor in a Series – Manoj Bajpayee (The Family Man 2)
- Diversity in Cinema Award – Pankaj Tripathi
- Best Feature Film – Soorarai Pottru
- Best Performance Male (Feature) – Suriya Sivakumar (Soorarai Pottru)
- Best Director – Anurag Basu (Ludo) & Honorary Mention Prithvi Konanur (Pinki Elli?)
- Equality in Cinema (Short Film) – Sheer Qorma
- Equality in Cinema Award (Feature Film) – The Great Indian Kitchen
- Best Indie Film – Fire in the Mountains
- Disruptor Award – Sanal Kumar Sasidharan
- Best Documentary Film – Shut Up Sona