Colonel B Santosh Babu, the Commanding Officer of the Army’s 16 Bihar unit who was killed during a violent clash between Indian and Chinese troops at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh on Monday night, had taken over his battalion only in December last year.
Santosh Babu’s Career
After completing his studies in Suryapet, Colonel Babu attended the Sainik School in Korukonda and went to secure a graduation degree from Pune before enrolling in IMA-Dehradun. His first posting was in Jammu and Kashmir.
Unknown Facts About Santosh Babu
- Even as the Chinese troops were ready to leave, they suddenly started assaulting Indian soldiers. Babu and other soldiers were hit with iron poles and stones. Indian army men retaliated and beat up some PLA soldiers, with the unarmed combat continuing for several hours.
- He was the son of a retired bank employee and a homemaker and lived with his wife and two children in Delhi.
- Colonel Santosh leaves behind his daughter Abhigna, nine, and son Anirudh, four.
- He had been transferred to Hyderabad but could not join immediately because of the nationwide lockdown.
- His 15 years of service, he worked in Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Ladakh, and on the Pakistan and China borders.
- Colonel Santosh Babu, fulfilled his father’s personal dreams of serving the country and was expecting a posting to Hyderabad before making the supreme sacrifice.
Relationship status of Santosh Babu
Santosh Babu Biography
|Real Name||Bikkummala Santosh Babu|
|Date of Birth||Yet to be updated|
|Father Name||B Upender|
|Height||Yet to be updated|
|Weight||Yet to be updated|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign||Not known|
|Hometown||Suryapet, Telangana, India|
|Current City||Delhi, India|