The Athi Varadhar festival enters the final two days of darshan and the crowd has increased uncontrollably in the last few days. We at TheNewsCrunch are committed to provide accurate and relatable information with regards to the experience and crowd status at stake for the next few days. VIP, Donor Passes, Rs. 500 and Rs. 300 online booking darshans are equally crowded. Be aware
Update – Athi Varadar Darshan Timings for August 15th 2019 changed due to Adi Garuda Seva.
Today is the 14th of August 2019, Tuesday and it is expected that the crowd will be more as there are only two more days of darshan remaining for Athi Varadar Vaibhavam. However, in comparison to the crowd levels last Tuesday, the waiting will be higher owing to the last week rush. The details mentioned below is the expected waiting time for darshan and the crowd status at Athi Varadar for today.
Early Morning Free Darshan – Approx 5 hours
Dharma Darshan / Free Darshan – 6 hours to 8 hours
Rs 300 Special Darshan – 3.5 to 4.5 hours, West Gopuram Gate
Rs 500 Special Darshan – 4 hour wait time approx, West Gopuram Gate
Senior Citizen Queue – 4 hours approx wait time, East Gopuram Gate
Parents with Infants Queue – 4 hours approx wait time, East Gopuram Gate
Athivaradhar News Updates for August 14th
- VIP visits planned for today –
- Chief Minister of Telangana Mr. K Chandrasekhar Rao along with his wife Shobha & daughter Kavitha offered prayers at Athi Varadar temple in Kanchi today.
- Day 44 of Athi Varadar darshan today – The Lord looked magnanimous in yellow silk robes, bordered with a shining green ‘pattu’ border.
- There will be no darshan of Athi Varadar at Sri Devarajaswami temple on 17th August.
- On 17th Aug 2019, the idol will be sent back to its vault inside the Ananthasaras tank.
- The temple doors will now close at 2 AM instead of 11 PM.
- No VIP and VVIP Darshan on 16th & 17th August 2019.
- Collector P. Ponniah hinted that devotees should be prepared to wait for upto 2 days for the darshan.
- For the VIPs and devotees with donor pass, a new ramp would be provided at the exit point at West gopuram.
- Idol would be placed in the Ananthasaras tank on 17 August 2019.
Let us know if you have any questions or queries. Also check out our previous posts related to Athivaradhar to make your visit a seamless and memorable one.