Antony Blinken is an American government official who was nominated by Joe Biden as Secretary of State in November 2020. Blinken is so close to Joe Biden that he is often termed as Biden’s “alter ego.” He also worked as an assistant to the president and principal deputy national security advisor.
Antony Blinken’s career
He served as the Deputy Secretary of State of the United States from 2015 to 2017. Blinken is also known for serving many key positions in the Obama administration, like Deputy National Security Adviser, Deputy Assistant to the President, and National Security Adviser to Vice President Joe Biden.
Unknown Facts About Antony Blinken
- His mother, Judith, is from Paris, while his father, Donald M. Blinken, is from New York.
- Blinken often writes opinion for the New York Times and is also a global affairs analyst for CNN.
- He co-founded the political strategy firm WestExect Advisors with Michèle Flournoy, another Obama administration veteran.
- On November 19, 2020, Blinken expressed concern over reports of escalating ethnic tensions in Ethiopia’s Tigray Region and urged peaceful resolution of the Tigray conflict.
- Bill Clinton, during his tenure as the president, appointed Blinken’s uncle, Alan, as ambassador to Belgium, and his father, Donald M. Blinken, as ambassador to Hungary.
- Blinken’s wife, Evan Maureen Ryan, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Anthony J. Ryan Jr. of Alexandria, and she served as Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) from 2013 to 2017. Evan Ryan has also served as the assistant for intergovernmental affairs and public liaison for Vice President Joe Biden.
- His stepfather Samuel Pisar is a Polish-born American lawyer, author, and Holocaust survivor; died of pneumonia at the age of 86 on July 27, 2015, in Manhattan
- His Stepmother Vera Blinken is an interior designer and has been a member of the Board of Directors of the International Rescue Committee since 1978
Relationship status of Antony Blinken
Antony Blinken Biography
|Real Name||Antony John Blinken|
|Profession||American Government Official|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1962|
|Father Name||Donald M. Blinken (investment banker and a retired United States Ambassador to Hungary)|
|Mother Name||Judith Pisar (the president of Arts France-USA, a nonprofit organization)|
|Weight||Yet to be updated|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Playing the Guitar, Singing, Playing Soccer|
|Hometown||Yonkers, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Wife Name||Evan Ryan (an American public servant)|
|Current City||Washington, D.C, USA|