In a stunning turn of event Andrew Luck Indianapolis Colts quarterback will announce his retirement on Sunday August 25, 2019. He is 29 years old at the time of retirement and it has shocked all the NFL fans around the world. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Luck has battled injuries throughout his seven NFL seasons, most recently a lingering calf issue that has held him out for much of the offseason. Luck was seen on the sidelines of the Colts’ preseason game Saturday night against the Chicago Bears when the news broke.
Luck was one of the star players led Colts to playoffs in first three seasons from 2012. But he was injury prone, battled rib and shoulder issues for much of 2015 and 2016, then sat out the entire 2017 season after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery. Luck returned in 2018 and, after a slow start, looked very much like his former self for much of the year.
Tom Pelissero official reporter of NFL.com confirms this on twitter “The #Colts thought Andrew Luck would be full-go within the first week of camp from his calf/leg issue. But he never felt comfortable, mentally or physically. The tone shifted in the past couple weeks. Now, Luck plans to walk away at age 29.”.
The #Colts thought Andrew Luck would be full-go within the first week of camp from his calf/leg issue. But he never felt comfortable, mentally or physically. The tone shifted in the past couple weeks. Now, Luck plans to walk away at age 29.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 25, 2019
Andrew Luck Injuries
He has suffered from the following injuries throughout his career:
- Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
- partially torn abdomen
- a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
- at least 1 concussion
- a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
- and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this
The #Colts have known that QB Andrew Luck was seriously mulling retiring for at least two weeks. He’s married, he plans to travel the world, and once the love for the game waned, it sounds like he wanted to step away. So, he did.
Andrew Luck Net Worth 2019, Wife, Family
- Andrew Luck Net worth is around $140 Million from his various contracts and endorsements as of 2019
- Andrew Luck’s wife is Nicole Pechanec an Architectural Engineer from Standford. She is also an athlete and they met during their college years at Stanford. She works for ESPN and NBC, competed in two national finals as a gymnast.
- Andrew Luck as of now has no kids