Adhir Ranjan’s Age
Adhir Ranjan was born on April 2nd 1956(66 years as of 2022)
Adhir Ranjan’s Hometown
Adhir Ranjan’s hometown is Berhampore, Murshidabad district in West Bengal.
Adhir Ranjan’s height and weight
Adhir Ranjan’s height and weight are unknown factors.
Adhir Ranjan’s Relationship Status
- 1st Marriage – He married Arpita Chowdhury on 15 September 1987
- Later on January 2019, Arpita died.
- 2nd Marriage – After death of 1st wife, she married Atashi C Chowdhury
- Adhir Ranjan had a daughter with his 1st wife, Shreyashi. But she died in 2006.
Adhir Ranjan’s career
- Adhir Ranjan joined the Indian National Congress in premiership of Rajiv Gandhi.
- In 1991, he contested with the Marxist community party of India in “West Bengal Legislative Assembly election” from “Nabagram constituency” and lost by 1,401 votes.
- In 1996, he defeated the same constituency by 20, 329 votes.
- 1999-2000 : In this two years he won in 1999 Indian General election of Berhampore constituency.
- 1999-2000 : The same year he elected as congress president for the Murshidabad district. Also he served as member in Information Technology, Railway convention committee and so on.
- 2000-2004 : He acted as Consultative Committee of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- 2003 : Under his leadership congress party had a big victory in Zilla, Panchayat samitis and village councils in the year of 2003.
- 2012 : He was entered in Union Ministry as minister of State for Railways under former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- 2014 : He was appointed as a President of West Bengal Pradesh Congress on 10th February 2014.
- 2019 : In 2019, he became a congress leader in Lok Sabha. Also in 2019, July 26 he was selected as 17th Chairman of Lok Sabha committee on Public Accounts.
- 2020: The president of West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee, Somen Mitra passed away in 2020. So again Adhir Ranjan appointed as a president for West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee.
Recently he wrote a apology letter to Droupadi Murmu, President of India for “Rashtrapatni” remark. It is rolling viral in the media as of now.